The popularity of Cannabidiol oil or CBD oil has shot up in recent times. Many are beginning to recognize the numerous benefits CBD oil has on our overall health. For example, CBD oil is used for pain relievement, anxiety, depression amongst others.
Apparently, the testimonies given by users of CBD oil has led to its popularity.
Furthermore, various studies are presently being conducted to prove the efficacy of CBD oil as an alternative medicine.
Many people have begun to seek out CBD as an alternative to other forms of pain relief. And this has led many vendors to produce CBD products such as CBD oils, tinctures, capsules, edibkes, just to mention a few.
The amount of CBD options on the market can get overwhelming to the average buyer. As there are tons of sellers offering CBD products and they all have different claims.
Before taking the plunge and spending money. First there is a need to discover CBD and what it entails.
What is CBD?
CBD is one of the compounds present in the cannabis sativa plant. There are over 85 compounds present in the plant with the more popular being THC. CBD stands for cannabidiol while THC stands for tetrahydrocannabinol. THC is the compound responsible for the psychoactive nature of cannabis. Every other compound including CBD is non-psychoactive and won’t get you high.
What CBD Oil is Not
It’s easy to confuse hemp oil with CBD oil. But while cannabis and hemp are part of the same Cannabis family. CBD oil and Hemp oil are not the same. We get CBD oil from the marijuana plant while hemp oil is usually obtained from the marijuana seeds. Products advertised as hemp oil usually do not contain much CBD oil if at all.
What Does CBD Oil Do?
CBD oil has become popular due to its medicinal properties and medical benefits. CBD helps in relieving chronic pain suffered anywhere in the body, it also helps relieve eye pressure, anxiety, joint pains, and migraines. Popularity grew from testimonies with people reporting relief from pain after use. CBD oil in its pure form is also a natural and organic method of pain relief. It is also not addictive and can be taken all the time.
Precautions to take before purchasing CBD Oil
Before purchasing CBD oil a few precautions are necessary. Ensure your oil comes from a reputable source by checking labels.
- The oil should be pure organic CBD and should have no pesticides or herbicides.
- Check the colour of the CBD oil. A high-grade CBD oil is like a fine brandy or vodka ( it is passed through decarboxylation and filtration).
- Check to see if the vendor clearly states the method used in extracting the CBD oil. Ideally, there are four common CBD extraction methods, namely:
- CO2 cannabis extraction
- Olive Oil extraction method
- The Dry Ice extraction method
- The Solvent extraction method
You can learn more about these extraction methods in details in this post.
4. A company that offers a money back guarantee is also advisable.
5. Find out the THC content level (It should be less than 0.3%?)
6. It also good to know if the CBD oil has been tested by an independent party.
These are basically some of the steps to take in order to ensure buying a quality (high-grade) CBD oil. So when next you are looking to buy CBD oil. Make sure you vet the CBD oil with the points listed above for quality.
Premium CBD Oil Products