If you have been to Amsterdam, the term space cakes would sound familiar, especially if you have been to any of the coffee shops — they have become a popular delight for both locals and tourists.
Space cakes are any cake or pastry made with cannabutter and are quite easy to make. In this article, we shall explore different methods of making space cakes.
How to make space cakes with cannabutter
Once you have chosen your cannabis strain, the next step is to get the necessary ingredients that would be used in baking the cake. You will need the following:
- 1 ¾ cups of flour
- ¾ cup of milk
- 6 grams of ground weed buds
- 1 ½ tablespoon of baking powder
- ½ tablespoon of salt
- 1 cup of sugar
- Chocolate chips and,
- 1 cup of butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of cannabutter
- Grind and decarb your weed (to decarb, place weed in the oven at 250 degrees for up to 50 minutes).
- Preheat the oven up to 400 degrees and melt the cannabutter in a microwave. Tips On How To Make Better Cannabutter Marijuana
- Mix all the other ingredients; flour, milk, cannabutter, salt, chocolate chips and the eggs in a bowl, add the baking powder and then batter.
- To prevent sticking, spray the cake pan with the butter spray and then pour the batter into the cake pan and bake it for about 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes, remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool fully before frosting your cake
You can decorate the cake, however, you want. Remember to cut the pieces into calculated sizes for proper dosing of the cannabis.
How to make space cakes using hash
Space cakes can also be made using hash instead of cannabutter. Hash is known to speed up the process of making space cakes and is the most preferred choice for many marijuana users. In order to make space cakes using this method, you will need the following:
- 8 g of hash
- 180ml of milk
- 170 g of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 170 g of butter
Like with all other baking techniques:
- Preheat the oven to around 190 degrees before starting the process of making the cakes.
- Melt the butter, but be careful not to overdo it (the butter is better when pasty than when liquid).
- Mix all the other ingredients in a bowl and then pour the cake batter into a greased cake pan.
- Place it in the oven and let it cook for about 25 minutes (check the cake from time to time to ensure it does not overcook).
- Once ready, decorate your cake in the most desired of ways and serve.
You notice this method is much simpler and faster than the instruction for cannabutter.
How to determine THC dosages
It is important to ascertain the percentage of the weed strain THC we are infusing into the space cake. Nearly all of the cannabis strains are analyzed somewhere within 1-40 % of THC.
That being said, how do you determine the percentage of the THC dosage to use? Let’s say that a bud of cannabis has a ratio of 10:1 thc. In other words for every 1000 mg of cannabis, there is 100mg of THC
The math is:
See cake chart and servings for more details.
The amount of bud you use and the strain type will determine how high you want to be.
Space cake effects
Space cakes, just like any other weed-infused products have varied effects on different people according to the amount and type of cannabis strain used in making the space cakes.
It is advised that due to the effects that may result from ingesting THC edibles — it should be consumed when one is in a familiar place with a person that they recognize.
How long do the effects of space cake last?
After ingesting a space cake, the effects will not happen immediately; rather, it will take between two to four hours (depending on the individual) before the effects kick in. This varies according to the rate of metabolism in your body, the faster the rate of body metabolism, the faster the effects will kick in, and the opposite is true.
It is, however, advised that you should not take another piece of cake before the effects kick in. This is to avoid instances of overdosing (that are often common) since many people fail to realize that unlike smoking a joint, with weed cake, you do not get high immediately. Even when taken for medical purpose, the pain-relieving effects will take time before they can be felt by the user.
The effects experienced as a result of eating space cakes do not last more than four hours after the effects start kicking in. This again is dependent on the rate of body metabolism. The faster the rate of body metabolism the less the time that the effects will be felt
Space cakes are one of the first cannabis edibles and have so far become popular amongst weed users. Going through the above recipes for making space cakes, one realizes just how easy it is to make these cakes. The ingredients for making the cakes are also easy to get. So what are you waiting for? Go make yourself some space cakes that will delight your taste buds and give you a head or body buzz.