The public’s stance on cannabis has significantly improved over the last decade and thanks to this, we now have better information than before when it comes to finding different ways of enjoying cannabis.
While there are various ways you can easily enjoy cannabis, there is no denying the fact that one of the best ways to enjoy cannabis with or without your friends while monitoring your dosage is by the means of edibles i.e. Cannabis biscuits (cannabiscuits) — our main topic of today.
Making cannabis biscuits requires that you have some knowledge of cooking and cannabis in order for you to make the perfect cannabis cookies. That being said, let’s take a look into how to make the best cannabiscuits.
One of the main ingredients of cannabis biscuit is cannabutter . If you don’t have access to cannabutter, you can use THC oil or follow the direction below.
How to make your cannabutter oil for the cannabis biscuits
- 2 sticks of butter
- ½ ounce of cannabis (remove the stems and seeds)
First off, you need to decarboxylated your cannabis because if you do not, you will end up with a product without the euphoric high.
Some recipes will advise you to decarb the cannabis directly into hot butter or oven. However, the best way to decarb your cannabis is to use the Nova Decarboxylator — this will ensure zero loss of THC (the chemical compound in marijuana that causes the psychotropic effects informally known as “high”). If you don’t have access to the Nova decarboxylator, you can decarb the weed in the oven.
Once you have decarboxylated the cannabis, then follow the directions below for making the cannabutter oil.
- Grind the weed coarsely with a hand grinder.
- Set the low cooker to around 160oF (Heat over 200oF will burn and waste the cannabinoids).
- Add a little water to avoid scorching.
- Add your butter and the ground cannabis while stirring occasionally.
- After 3 hours switch off the crockpot and let the butter cool down.
- Once the butter is cooled down, strain it using a cheesecloth into a jug or jar
- Lastly refrigerate your butter overnight, and it will be ready for making the cannabis biscuits.
Making the cannabis biscuits (cannabiscuits)
- Chocolate Chip Biscuits
- Pure vanilla extract – 2 teaspoons
- Brown sugar – 2/3 teacup
- Chocolate chips – 1.1/3 teacup
- Flour – 1.1/3 teacup (all-purpose)
- One egg
- Cannabutter – ½ teacup
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Baking soda – ¼ teaspoon
- Granulated sugar – 1/3
- Start by whisking together your flour, salt, and baking soda in the right amount in a large mixing bowl.
- Then, set this dry mix on the side. Measure out ½ a cup of the cannabutter and mix it with your brown sugar and the granulated sugar using a hand mixer to cream it together. (Ensure that your cannabutter is at room temperature before you start mixing).
- Once it is well mixed, add vanilla and egg in the bowl with the cannabutter and sugar mixture.
- Combine all these ingredients and mix them until they form a uniform mixture.
- Take your chocolate chips and stir them into the liquid ingredients using a spatula or spoon. While doing this, ensure that the chocolate chips are evenly distributed in the mixture.
- To complete the dough, you have to sift the dry ingredients you prepared earlier.
- Then, add flour, salt, and baking soda to the wet ingredients.
- Use a spoon to mix the wet and dry ingredients until they form a dough.
- Use a non-stick cooking spray to spray your cookie sheet
- Then place your dough balls evenly on this sheet.
- It is now time to bake your cannabis biscuits.
Cannabis biscuit is one of the perfect ways to enjoy your cannabis because the effects are slightly more psychedelic when compared to smoked cannabis — the effects come slow, but can last up to six hours. Nonetheless, how do you determine the right dose (of THC) for the cannabis biscuits?
Knowing the right dose
How many biscuits should you take to get high?
One of the common questions you will encounter when preparing to make the cannabis biscuits is how to determine the right THC amount for your cannabis biscuits. The THC levels tend to vary widely in each marijuana strain, so knowing the amount of buds to use always remains unknown.
The question, therefore, to consider before baking your cannabis biscuits is: how many milligrams of THC will be in every serving of the baked batch. It can be challenging to get the precise measurement of the THC if your plan has not been lab tested.
However, there is a way to get a pretty close estimate by using a simple formula. An average bud (1gram) contains 10% THC, and therefore, 1 gram of weed means you have 100mgs of THC.
The math formula:
1000 mg of dried bud (≥ 100mg THC)
Depending on the number of biscuits you want to bake. Let’s say you are baking 20 servings (biscuits). You will need 10-15 grams of weed (to infused into the butter – cannabutter). 1 out of 20 cannabiscuits may contain 24 mg of THC — which is enough to get anyone high
You don’t have to be a genius at mathematics; you can use this online calculator to determine the THC percentage in your cannabis biscuits.
Dos and Don’ts
- Stick to the 1:1 ratio of the cannabis to butter when making your cannabutter.
- Never forget to decarboxylate your cannabis before you start baking your cannabis biscuits.
- Never grind your cannabis into powder as this will affect the doses of serving.
- Try your cannabutter’s potency before baking with it. You can test this by taking your oil with food or drink then wait for an hour to see how you feel.
Some pointers to remember is that when you take your cannabis biscuits (cannabiscuits) with foods rich in fats or protein, then the effects will last longer in your system.
After eating a cannabis biscuit, try and wait for 25 mins to 1 hr before eating another biscuit (get the feel first). In case you do not feel high enough, avoid consuming another biscuit immediately, instead, you can take something fatty to enhance the high. You can also drink some fruit juice to increase your blood sugar.