For more than 100 years, people have been enjoying the sweet-and-tart key lime pie. But the key lime isn’t the only thing that makes this recipe green.
Key lime and pie are inextricably linked. For many, the former hardly exist without the latter. As a matter of fact, it is hard to find someone who has had a key lime without the pie experience.
The good news however is, the experience is about to be amplified by cannabis.
Cannabis-infused Key Lime Pie goes perfectly with the sativa Waipi’o Hapa as a perfect summer mix!
Cannabis-infused key lime pie
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes | Yields: 16 servings
Graham Cracker Crust
- ½ cup of MagicalButter, melted
- 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
Key Lime Custard
- ¼ cup of Magical Coconut Oil
- 3 cups of sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup of key lime juice
- 1½ tablespoons of grated lime zest
- ½ cup of sour cream
How to make cannabis-infused key lime pie
Graham Cracker Crust – Steps
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Crush the graham crackers in a bag by hand or grind up through a processor until fine
- Then, in a large mixing bowl, combine the Magical Butter, ground graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and salt. Blend well.
- Once completely mixed, gently fold and press the crush into a 9-inch pie dish. Pat down the sides of the crust allowing it to shape. Mold and press the crust up the rise of the rim as well.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes or until very lightly browned.
Key Lime Custard – Steps
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the Magical Coconut Oil and condensed sweetened milk. Mix until it is a consistent liquid.
- Then add the key lime juice, lime zest, and sour cream and whisk thoroughly.
- Continue to whisk until mixture is thickened.
- Pour and evenly spread the custard into the crust
- Bake the pie for 12-15 minutes until bubbles appear on the top.
- Allow the pie to cool for a ½ hour at room temperature before refrigerating it for at least 2 hours.
- Lastly, chill it overnight or longer if desired. This will allow for the cannabinoids to settle and the pie to taste its best.
- Accent your Key Lime Pie with fresh lime zest, serve, and enjoy!
Waipi’o Hapa cannabis strain information
Waipi’o Hapa is a floral, citrusy-scented Sativa originating from the Hawaiian islands of Waipi’o. via Weedy
This bud has a taste and aroma of minty earthy lime making it the perfect match for your Key lime pie recipe. Great for use on a lazy summer afternoon. It is easy to grind up and decarb for your edible use!
Creation: This strain is made of Hawaiian and an unknown strain.
Waipi’o Hapa is a 100% pure sativa strain that originated from Waipi’o Valley on the North Shore of the big island of Hawaii. The pure Sativa strain is one of the heaviest Sativas in the world of cannabis strains.
It is built with medium dense like buds that are neon green in color. The nugs are mixed with a layer of thing orange hairs and resinous milky trichomes.
This Sativa has a heavy hitting effect with strong and energizing properties (creative, energizing, euphoric, focused, relaxing, uplifting)
Overall, Waipi’o Hapa marijuana is good for daytime recreational and medical use i.e. Anxiety, Arthritis, Appetite Booster, Chronic Pain, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Fatigue, Spinal Cord Injury, and Stress.
- Rated - 100%100%