The focus of this video is twofold.
On one hand, you get to learn how to infuse oil with activated marijuana, along with a step by step demonstration on how to safely and correctly do it.
On the other hand, you get to see how much THC can be infused into butter oil, coconut oil, and extra virgin olive oil, along with an actual analysis and reading done over 100 ml samples.
Steps on how to make better cannabutter
The infusion process is the same regardless of the substances used.
- You need to put the 2 substances you want to infuse together in the same glass jar (open top)
- Mix them together for a bit.
- Next, grab a pan, fill it a third of the way with water, and put it on the stove
- Heat the water up until it is barely boiling.
- Once the water is barely boiling, put the jar in, and let it sit for 1.5 hours. Make sure to keep the water temperature constant throughout the 1.5 hours, and remember to add more water as time goes on because it has a tendency to evaporate.
- After about 45 minutes (the halfway mark), check on the jar, grab a small wooden stir stick and stir the substances gently and slowly. Remember that the jar is very hot and can easily break, so don’t use any metal or glass to stir with.
- When the 1.5 hours are up, take the jar out, let it cool, and once it is at room temperature you can filter it through a mesh. The goal is to stop the solid plant matter from getting into the final product.
- Once you’re done pouring, grab a small wooden spoon and press on the remaining plant matter to squeeze out any remaining oil.
What is the oil you prefer to infuse with THC? Let us know in the comment section below and remember to share this video.